When my husband and I first got Zoey I went through a number of poop bags in search of the perfect one! During my first few months of looking for the right bag I was highly influenced and swayed by all of the cute and colorful poop bags and dispensers found at local pet stores. The ones with intricate designs and patterns (little bones, paw prints, flowers, etc) or bright and fun colors were the ones I was attracted to the most but as time progressed, more specifically after I opened up my dog walking business and started picking up tons of poop, I realized I needed something a little more eco-friendly!
At this point in time I was picking up 8-10 piles of poop a day and I was starting to question the durability and size of my bags. I had a few giant breed dogs and it was becoming increasingly difficult to pick up their poop in a full sweep! Enter Earth Rated Poop Bags.
I came across these poop bags at my local pet boutique. Originally I was using another eco-friendly brand that I’d found at Ross but when I couldn’t find anymore of those I switched over to the Earth Rated brand which turned out to be exactly the same type of bags I was using previously but only better!
These are officially my go-to poop bags. I recommend them to all my clients and they are tested and true.
What I Love About These Bags:
RECYCLABLE / COMPOSTABLE
- The standard green poop bags are made up of high and low density polymers (HDPE and LDPE) with a certified additive that allows them to break down much more quickly than your typical poop bag, approximately 24 months!
- The white poop bags, and by far my favorite, are compostable and made from CORN with no enhancements to speed up the breakdown process and take approximately 45 days to degrade!
- Both bags have been tested and meet guidelines for labeling of plastics designed to be aerobically composted in municipal or industrial facilities (ASTM D6954 and ASTM D6400)
- The packaging for all products as well as the poop bags themselves are recycled materials.
- And the green dispenser itself is also recyclable!
VARIETY OF SIZES
- Large enough for litter box scooping
- Large bags for great dane piles
- Small bags for chihuahua piles
- Bags with handles
- Standard dispenser size
SCENTED / NON-SCENTED
- Lavender scented for those oh-so foul smelling poops (you know which one’s I mean!)
- Non-scented if you happen to have a sensitive nose and don’t mind the terrible smell!
Aside from the fact that these bags are recyclable/compostable, come in a variety of sizes and are scented they are also very affordable! Being that I go through so many bags a day I need to buy them in bulk and that can get pricey after a while but lucky for me I can buy the largest pack of bags they offer which is 18 rolls (270 bags) for just $11.99 on amazon!
Why You Should Love Them Too!
If you’re looking for a great poop bag that’s super eco-friendly, comes in a variety of sizes, is affordable AND smells good then you should definitely check out Earth Rated Poop Bags! And as if that weren’t awesome enough these guys frequently DONATE their poop bags to local animal shelters! So not only will you be getting a great product but you’ll also be supporting a brand that supports animal organizations! (YAY!!!)
* The opinions contained within this post are my own and I was not paid or compensated in any way for the review of this product.